About Me

My photo
South-West of England, United Kingdom
I am a retired cartographer and have recently completed a degree course as a mature student reading History. My main hobby is narrow gauge railway modelling.

Monday 21 May 2012

Quiet Week

This has been quite a quiet week, a bit like the calm before the storm.  Mind you the weather hasn't been very exciting, has it!  Had a good shop at ISCA Woodcrafts at Tredegar House, Newport.  I am sure other woodturners think the same as me, in that inspiration for a nice project comes form the wood to be found at places like ISCA.
We've been keeping a close eye on Mark Cavendish in the Giro.  Seems he can at last survive in the mountains.  For instance on Sunday, in appalling weather whilst he may have finished third from last for the stage he was in a group of 58 riders.  Proves to me that he is a far better rider than Cippolini, who whilst a great sprinter, gave up as soon as he saw a hill sign!!
Good luck to Jeremy Hunt who has gone home to catch a child birth.  He's been the main man in getting Sky to front on the sprint stages. 
Don't people take photos with strange things today.  Saw a number of people taking pictures of the torch relay with their I.tablets, strange, surly a nice little digital camera is far handier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment