About Me

My photo
South-West of England, United Kingdom
I am a retired cartographer and have recently completed a degree course as a mature student reading History. My main hobby is narrow gauge railway modelling.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

SWOONS Open day

Had a good day at Ilton near Taunton last Saturday where I exhibited Yate Rocks Tramway.  Layout was well received by the visitors, both 'general public' and '009 nuts'.  Worst memories of the day, forgetting to tell Mrs M I was safely there, too busy once I got there!!!, and coming back up the M5 in failing light and having cars without headlights coming up behind you .... perhaps the drivers thought by not putting their headlights on they would save fuel and money, but what price can you put on your life.

Monday, Mrs M and had a good day out, buying nice material for her and some nice wood for me.  Also got some kindling from  English Willow Baskets near Taunton.  Saw there super range of willow coffins.  Whilst some people may find this a bit macarbe, lets face it one thing that is certain in life is death!  And I want my funeral and burial to be as green as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment