About Me

My photo
South-West of England, United Kingdom
I am a retired cartographer and have recently completed a degree course as a mature student reading History. My main hobby is narrow gauge railway modelling.

Saturday 4 May 2013

May


The Humours of May Day by Anon (1770)
What Frolicks are here
So droll and so queer
How joyful appeareth the day
E’en Bunter and Bawd
Unite to applaud
And celebrate first of the May

May has arrived and the sun has come with it.  Not that I've had time to enjoy it much, as 'her that must be obeyed'!!! got the whip out and forced me into rebuilding one of our raised beds in the back garden.  Okay, I was happy to do it, but it didn't do my back any good, I can tell you.

Fallen head over heels in love with lovely Natalie, the Hackney Girl made good.  I have followed MasterChef from it's early days and with out doubt the standard of cooking has improved no end.  However, I still feel the judging should be done by THREE people and there should be a clear scoring system.  Using a multi-stage cycle race as an analogy, both of the male finalists would have been eliminated in the semi-finals for failing to complete the stage.
It was also interesting the backgrounds of both Natalie and Larkin.  Their families must be really proud.

As for Scotch Eggs, as a Coeliac, these have been -off-limits'for quite a while, until last Sunday, when Mrs M. came back from 'WonderWool', with two lovely Gluten-Free  Scotch Eggs produced by the 'Handmade Scotch Egg Company'.

Last week I finished the best bowl I have turned to date.



Turned from a bowl blank in Elm, it required both the top and bottom section to be hollowed out, thus making it very light.  If I was going to criticize it, maybe the waist could have been even thinner.

Well done Argyle, you survived again JUST.  Time to move upwards again, but on a firm financial footing.
My 'twin' website is being vastly altered at the present time but will begin to feature information on the M,G&SLRly .........

1 comment:

  1. Mrs M would like to point out that she hasn't got a whip...........

    ReplyDelete