About Me

My photo
South-West of England, United Kingdom
I am a retired cartographer and have recently completed a degree course as a mature student reading History. My main hobby is narrow gauge railway modelling.

Monday 20 February 2012

Saturday 4 Feb 2012 - my local model railway club Annual Exhibition.  Decided to walk up to Church Hall, no need to drive, trouble was at 7.30am it was still minus 4C.  Good day apart from unhappy traders.  Question are the traders, for which the exhibitions are their livelyhood more important than the layouts, which are just a hobby?.  Can the traders do without the modellers and can the modellers do without the traders?!!
Walked home after the exhibition in freezing snow!!

Saturday 18 Feb 2012 - helped out on the 009 Society Sales Stand at the model show at Shepton Mallett.  Great day, but a bit tired at the end.

Sunday 19 Feb 2012 - went with Mrs M to Curzon Cinema in Clevedon to hand over her grand-fathers 1935 9.5mm film projector to their guardianship.

See Curzon Cinema at http://www.curzon.org.uk/

Monday 20 Feb 2012 - typing in red because red-letter day - my new Axminster Wood Lathe arrived and our friend JIm helped me set it up.  Too heavy for one person to lift.

Will write again on my new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment